Excess deaths associated with covid-19 in the US exceeds one million

The excess deaths associated with the covid-19 pandemic in the United States already exceeds one million people, according to data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Specifically, last week it stood at 1,023,916, according to the CDC’s head of mortality statistics, Robert Anderson, quoted by The Washington Post.

However, the number of officially confirmed covid-19 deaths according to the CDC is 911,145.

Likewise, Johns Hopkins University, which keeps track of those who have died from coronavirus worldwide and in the United States, records that 925,287 people have died in the US today as a result of covid-19.

The CDC publishes weekly statistics in which they compare the mortality of the last seven days with the average number of deaths in the years prior to 2019 and, based on the excess deaths, calculate the number of people who may have perished as a result of the coronavirus.

These data also include other types of causes of death that have increased as a result of the pandemic, although they are not directly related to infections, such as heart disease, hypertension, dementia, and other pathologies.

In fact, according to Anderson, 91% of these deaths can be directly attributed to the disease, while in the other 9% of deaths, Covid-19 is considered a contributing factor but not the main cause.

In 2019, the CDC recorded 2.8 million deaths in the United States, a figure that in 2020 and 2021 was exceeded by almost half a million each year.

John Michael

“John Michael" is a Online Editor specialist with a decade of successful experience in News Publication PR management. John specializes in news and regularly attends national training sessions to showcase new Publication trends, such as self-service, wellness , health, and Politics and Entertainment.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also
Back to top button